Forum

We want this forum to be a lively and well used resource for the whole of the village. Use our forum to ask questions about the village, post comments and promote village events, but please use the forum responsibly and take the time to read the conditions of use on the right.

Site

<< Back to topics Post a reply

Posted: Fri 1 Apr 2016 @ 13:14 by Will

anyone else notice the recent expansion of the travellers transit site near the airfield? there are a number of caravans and a static home and the site appears to have expanded recently. Is this to become a permanent site?

Posted: Sat 2 Apr 2016 @ 20:20 by Spooky

Of course it is, only a matter of time now before a house appears, different rules for different people.

Last edited by Spooky on 2 Apr 2016 - edited 2 times total

Posted: Mon 4 Apr 2016 @ 22:53 by Alunee

I drive past most days and live fairly close - seems benign to me.  As an aside, to build a home planning permission would be needed.  I have seen a few new builds and sizeable extensions in the village.  What's the difference?

Posted: Tue 5 Apr 2016 @ 19:05 by Spooky

As far as I know it is green belt land.

Posted: Fri 8 Apr 2016 @ 12:44 by Buttercup

Post deleted by Buttercup on 8 Apr 2016

Posted: Sun 10 Apr 2016 @ 13:09 by Alunee

So, you don't actually know? If they decide to build on their own land, they would need just the same planning permission as the other 3 properties within a couple of hundred yards of it, one of which is little more than an open skip right now...

Posted: Fri 29 Apr 2016 @ 22:07 by Will

More permanent fixtures being added today. Not long before it becomes a permanent site. Might be benign now but won't be for long.