Forum

We want this forum to be a lively and well used resource for the whole of the village. Use our forum to ask questions about the village, post comments and promote village events, but please use the forum responsibly and take the time to read the conditions of use on the right.

Defibrillator for Elvington

<< Back to topics Post a reply

Posted: Fri 25 Sep 2015 @ 14:59 by Cs

Post deleted by Cs on 30 Sep 2015

Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2015 @ 21:54 by Cs

Post deleted by Cs on 30 Sep 2015

Posted: Thu 1 Oct 2015 @ 12:26 by Cs

My name is Colin Skelton. I own Skelton Plumbing Services.    In my spare time I am a Community First Responder for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service. 

I have just ran the Great North run and next week I will be running my first Marathon in York. The reason I am running is because I am trying to raise funds to purchase a public access defibrillator for the village. As a first responder we do have a defibrillator but as you can appreciate as volunteers we are not always on duty. 

The public access unit will be strategically placed in the village so that a member of the public will be able to gain access to it if someone should fall ill and a defibrillator is need in an emergency. 

I have currently raised £1820.00 through running the great north run and I need to raise £2000 in order to purchase the unit and have it installed. 

The Marathon is nearly here and I would really like to meet the target so that I can purchase the defibrillator  for the village. The link to my gofundme page is below. 

www.gofundme.com/AEDforelvington

I have the support of Elvington medical practice as well as the Yorkshire Ambulance Service and the village school.  Rolawn and Elvington Plant Hire are among some of the the businesses in the village that have supported me. I would like to try and get more businesses involved apart from the kind donations I shall push as much advertising for you as I can. 

Many thanks in advance 

Colin Skelton 
  07766625584/01904 608900  

Last edited by Cs on 19 Jan 2016 - edited 1 time total